Field Trip Manager is a web-based field trip request system. It was designed with
school transportation personnel for school transportation and can help you control
and organize all aspects of your field trips, from drivers to buses to billing reports
All schools within the district can request and track field trips. School Administrators
- Review upcoming requests from anyone within their schools
- Accept or deny a request
- Submit change requests
- Manage users within their schools
Teachers and Coaches
Teachers and Coaches can submit all their requests and track their status online.
- Browse upcoming field trips
- Monitor the change request processes
- Submit change requests instantly with automated emails to transportation
- Graphically browse calendar for available dates
Transportation can manager all field trip requests instantly and accurately:
- Review field trips by date, school, user, change request, drivers and authorization
- Create assignment forms to distribute to drivers
- Create bid sheets for driver signup
- New Categorize field trip types such as Field Trip, Atheletic, etc.
- New Enhanced support for charter buses, limos another alternate transporation sources
- New Inbound and outbound trips can use different transporation sources
Accounting department support:
- New Field trips can be billed to one or more accounting codes
- New Trip costs can be entered and computed for each field trip
- New Export in user defined Excel format for importing into accounting packages
- New Additional standard report types
- New Better support for user defined reports
- New Exports in Excel format
Saves time and money processing field trips
- Creates an efficient system to track all your field trip requests
- Speeds the process so that you can have all information on hand when you need it
- Prevents accidentally missing a field trip
- Automates the communication process between transportation and school administrators
- Reduces paper handling and faxing back and forth from schools
"The Issaquah School District Transportation Department purchased RainShadow
for the scheduling of all fieldtrips online at that time. Prior to RainShadow it
was all done by hand through our inter-district mail and was very time consuming
and there were many errors in scheduling.
RainShadow is a very user friendly program which tracks all fieldtrips requests.
There are many options which give the capability to create log sheets and/or spreadsheets
with information by trip date, school source, destination and activity and more.
The secretaries at our 23 schools love the system and have given input to make it
easier for them to input and extract information needed at their schools."
Issaquah School District Transportation Secretary
"We started using the RainShadow Field Trip Software program 3 years ago and
it is by far one of the best decisions we have made here in our transportation department.
The program is very friendly, easy to learn, efficient, and reliable. Requests can
be made from any computer in our district. The appropriate people are alerted by
email so the request gets approved quickly. Then the schedule and status of each
request can be viewed by the requestor, administrators, and the transportation department
at any time online. Reports, spreadsheets, assignments, and schedules can be printed
in a variety of formats. We are closing in on our 4th year and our 2,000th successful
Field Trip request with RainShadow. I rely on it everyday to make our service to
our School District transportation needs run smoothly. I highly recommend RainShadow,
and I plan on continuing to rely on it for many years to come."
Ed Ahlum, Transportation Director
Teton County School District #1
An online demo can be found at http://www.rainshadowhr.com/fieldtrip.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a logon id and password to access all the features of the demo application.